Rosemarie Alvarado has been practicing law for over a decade. Throughout the years she has honed her legal skills in many areas of the law including personal injury, whistleblower law, family law, and criminal law. In more recent times, she has narrowed her practice to two areas she is very passionate about –helping injured persons in complex personal injury cases and representing whistleblowers in False Claims Act lawsuits against defense contractors and medical contractors, which has resulted in recoveries in excess of millions of dollars.
Some of her more notable cases are:
- A whistleblower lawsuit against Caremark – which is operated by pharmacy giant CVS – where CVS Caremark agreed to pay $6 million to settle False Claims Act allegations it failed to return payments from Medicaid and Medicare that should have been covered by a private insurer.
- A Federal False Claims Act lawsuit against Boeing Company that settled for $23 million. The lawsuit alleged that Boeing submitted false claims for labor charges on maintenance contracts with the U.S. Air Force for the C-17 Globemaster aircraft.
- A qui tam lawsuit against Boeing Company where Boeing paid $25 million to settle the case. The lawsuit alleged that Boeing defectively installed insulation blanket kits in KC-10 aircraft while performing depot maintenance at the Boeing Aerospace Support Center in San Antonio, Texas. The settlement also settled allegations that Boeing overcharged the government for installation of the blanket kits.
- A lawsuit for toxic chemical exposure in the workplace against an employer for failure to provide a safe working environment for its employee, which resulted in the employee developing a serious lung disease causing the need for a lung transplant. The law firm secured a large amount for our client in the confidential settlement.
- A lawsuit for the wrongful death of a Victoria County, Texas man who died as a result of a very serious trucking accident with an oil company truck. In the settlement, the law firm secured a large undisclosed amount for the deceased’s wife and children and negotiated a significant reduction in the accumulated medical bills and liens.
- A lawsuit for serious back injuries following an 18-Wheeler Accident in Bexar County, Texas, which required our client to undergo two spinal fusion surgeries. The law firm secured a large undisclosed amount for the injured man and negotiated a significant reduction in the accumulated liens on the case. The settlement was enough to cover our client’s extensive past and future medical expenses, as well as a sizable sum to provide for his future financial security.
- A personal injury lawsuit against a Fortune 500 Company for a serious automobile accident caused by the Company’s employee while operating a car in the course of business for the Company. Our client suffered life changing back injuries which required two complex spinal surgeries and months of rehabilitation, healing, and missed work. The case was settled with the Fortune 500 Company for a large confidential amount. The sizable settlement covered our client’s past and future medical expenses, and provided enough money to give him future financial stability.
Prior to starting her boutique law firm, Rosie Alvarado fought side-by-side with her father and then law partner, former Texas State Representative Leo Alvarado, Jr. representing the rights of injured persons and their families in automobile accident cases, 18-Wheeler accident cases, and toxic exposure on the job cases.
Rosie Alvarado has guest lectured on the False Claims Act and qui tam lawsuits, and has conducted continuing legal education for other lawyers on the topic of whistleblower law.
- President Rosie Alvarado, P.C. (2009 – Present)
- Vice President of Alvarado & Alvarado, P.L.L.C. (2003-2009)
- Associate, Weir & Alvarado, P.C. (2000-2003)
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District
- United States District Court – Southern District
- St. Mary’s School of Law – Doctor of Jurisprudence, J.D. (2002)
- St. Mary’s University – Bachelor of Arts, B.A. Biology (1999).
Legal Affiliations & Professional Memberships:
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Bexar County Woman’s Bar Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- National Hispanic Business Professionals Organization
- American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Civic Activities & Community Involvement
- School Board Member, St. John’s Lutheran Academy (2013-Present)
- Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (2012-Present)
- Guest Lecturer, Topic: Blowing the Whistle on Fraud – Whistleblower Law 101, San Antonio Bar Association Mentor/Mentee Program (2012)
- Advisory Board Member, San Antonio Crime Coalition (2009-2011)
- Weekly Legal Commentator, Longhorn Live Radio Show AM 930 KLUP (2010)
- Guest Speaker, Topic: Identifying Government Contractor Fraud, Southeast Highland Hill Crime Watch (2010)
- Volunteer Deputy Registrar, Bexar County Elections Office (1999-2000/2009-2010)
- Guest Reader, Eloise Japhet Elementary School (2009)
- Board Past-President & Past-Treasurer, Legacy Oak Homeowner’s Association (2005-2011)
- Fundraiser Organizer, Children’s Organ Transplant Association (2007)
- Committee Chair, Bench Brunch Committee, Bexar County Women’s Bar Association (2003-2006)
- Mentor, G.A.L.S. Mentoring Program – Harlandale ISD (2002-2004)
- Mentor, Harlandale High School Diversified Career Preparation Class (2002-2004)